We're like the
English Major’s Guide provides a smarter way for you to get job ready. Learn how to land your dream job with an English degree and start making real money – even if you’re still in school.
Here’s How English Major’s Guide Works
Step 1. Learn Basics Every English Major Should Know
Here’s what every English major needs to know for a satisfying career:
Learn these critical tips for successful job hunting:
You can’t land a job without skills. Here’s how to learn what skills to give you a competitive advantage.
You can work at the burger shack, or you can prepare for the new freelance economy while earning a real income.
Step 2: Read In-Depth Job Guides
Explore some of your editing career options using the links below:
- Textbook editor/producer (coming soon)
- Manuscript editor (coming soon)
- Digital editor (coming soon)
- UX specialist (coming soon)
- Content editor (coming soon)
View more guides, videos, worksheets, and ways to get job ready in the Member Library.
Learn What Smart English Majors Know About Getting English Major Jobs They Love
- How even English majors can make six figures or more
- Why you are not trapped in a lifetime of low-paying adjunct faculty jobs
- When you should completely ignore advice from your professors (and how to find the right advice instead)
- English class hacks
- English Major Job Tips
- English Major Tips
- Essential Reading
- Improving Class Performance
- Making money
- Other awesome stuff
- Study hacks
- writing tips